Thursday, January 13, 2005

FOI Letter Generator.

Submitting a Freedom Of Information request to a federal agency is not difficult, but a complete, well-written request may help you avoid delays and further correspondence with a government agency. This letter generator is designed to help you create a simple FOI letter.

The Generator created this request:

Dear FOI Officer:
Pursuant to the federal Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. § 552, I request access to and copies of documents including the decision against the keeping of pet lions in Alaska. I agree to pay reasonable duplication fees for the processing of this request in an amount not to exceed $1.

Please provide expedited review of this request which concerns a matter of urgency. I am primarily engaged in disseminating information. The public has an urgent need for information about the keeping of pet lions in Alaska because um... um... ah, I don't know.

I certify that my statements concerning the need for expedited review are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I look forward to your reply within 20 business days, as the statute requires. Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely, The Generator.


[ FOI Letter Generator ]